Friday, February 24, 2012

How can I get my dog to stop chewing everything?

My corgi/pomeranian mix is about 10 months old and can already chew through ANYTHING! I get him chew toys, pig ears, ropes, bones, and still he chews on things he's not supposed to. He's chewed through my sister's flip flops, my brothers toy dinosaurs, the legs on my mother's wooden table, my clothes, plastic cups, and much more. He's an otherwise great dog who learns quickly and is loads of fun, but this behavior is making us all crazy! Any advice?How can I get my dog to stop chewing everything?
There is a bitter apple spray that you can spray on your furniture so that your puppy will stop chewing them. Things like flip flops and clothes should not be in the presence of the puppy or you are giving him license to chew. Puppies chew everything and need to be constantly watched. When he starts to chew something like a flip flop, say no loudly, and replace the flip flop or other thing with a chew toy. When he chews on the chew toy, praise him and give him a treat. Do that enough and he will get the picture of what is acceptable to chew.
Hunters train their dogs so that when they shoot a pheasant, and the dog retrieves it, the dog wont destroy the pheasant...



The way they do this is they get a tennis ball (or different similar object), and put a needle in it so if the dog bites too hard, it will get a little poke. Just be very cautious.How can I get my dog to stop chewing everything?
Get a crate, and put the dog in it when you can't watch it. You shouldn't let a puppy have free reign in the house. Must always have eyes on the puppy, tether the dog to you with a leash, that way you know where the dog is and can correct it if it starts chewing on something. Get a Kong chew toy and fill it with peanut butter or cream cheese and freeze it and give it to the dog in the crate.
hi,



Puppies, like babies, tend to explore the environment by putting things in their mouths. The problem, of course, is that not everything a pup finds lying around is appropriate to chew, and many things can be downright dangerous.

here's a treatment:

http://dogtime.com/stop-puppy-chewing-wi鈥?/a>



hope this helps.
I own (www.mafiakennels.com) an i think the dog is teething. supply him with things to chew on. You can get a chemical at a pet store that you spray on thing you don't want him chewing on. this chemical tastes bad to the dog. as he gets older he will grow out of this.
sometimes dogs chew because they are bored.



have you tried giving him RAW bones? this helped w/ my pup when she was growing up. she only chewed on something she wasn't supposed to 2 times, and those 2 times where when she wasn't eating raw bones.
Well i have two dogs that are well trained. What my parents do are put their nose by what they used and hit them once with newspaper so they know what they did wrong. My dogs do not chew on anything anymore.
well its puppy behavior

hell probably grow out

pretty soon

u should try giving him interactive toys

No comments:

Post a Comment