Friday, February 24, 2012

How do I keep my dog from digging?

I have 2 dogs and 2 acre lot that fenced that they can run around in, I give both dogs bones on a daily bases, so I know its not boredom, my 6 month old border collie (whom I just had neutered) have been digging like crazy, and I know this sound crazy but I notice when I give him capstar tablet thats when he starts digigng, when I dont give him capstar for while he doesnt dig, any correlation or a coincidence or not%26gt;?How do I keep my dog from digging?
If you fill the hole does he dig in the same places? If yes, then full the holes with his own faeces and recover with soil. When he comes to dig there again and gets a nasty surprise, that usually puts them off digging.
You must learn to scold your dogs when they are disobedient, or nothing will get done. It could be the capstar, but I'd ask your vet about that. Have you ben taking them for walks every day, or at least every other day? Dogs hate to be tied up and need lots of excersize, or they could lash out in ways to make them feel like they are running, like digging and jumping.



Have a good one.



-Dog Ears-How do I keep my dog from digging?
maybe maybe not... but what i have found that actually does work (even tho it sounds crazy), when the dog digs a hole, take the dog out there, and make them fill it back up. take their front paws, and push the dirt back to the hole, and tell them that they cant dig anymore. make sure that they noe that them filling i nthe hole is good, and digging is bad.... it actually does work... and yes, i noe it sounds stupid....
I don't know about the capstar incident, but it sounds fishy to me. Maybe switch to advantage or frontline for flea prevention and see if there's a change. As far as the digging goes, try throwing some ceyanne pepper around and in the holes.
How about trying an alternative medicine to treat fleas, there are plenty of non-systemic solutions you can put on your dogs back. The alternative is to place mines all over your farm, they will only make the mistake of digging once.
my dog used to do that when she was younger, just train the dogs to let them know that digging is wrong, and they should also grow out of it:)
We used to dump cayenne pepper in the spots where our dogs were digging. They hated the flavor and the sting from the pepper, so they stopped pretty quickly.
scold at it when its digging

No comments:

Post a Comment