Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Im 24 weeks pregnant and everytime i move my bones are cracking and are sore...normal???

ok, I am 24 weeks pregnant and Its rather hard to sleep and get up because everytime i turn over my bones are cracking (between my legs) and even hurts sometimes to move that im almost in tears. I talked to my doctor and she says in some pregnancies your legs widen due to the pressure of the baby and your body preparing for birth...what? I am only 6 months is this true or crazy???Im 24 weeks pregnant and everytime i move my bones are cracking and are sore...normal???
Absolutely true. I've had it for weeks - it started at about the same time as you - and it is really painful. I'm 33 weeks now and although pain sometimes gets a little better, in general it gets harder to walk as baby grows bigger and heavier. I found a good description of the condition on www.babycentre.co.uk and they call it PSD (pubic symphysis dysfunction). It was good to know that it is not dangerous and it usually disappears after birth. They have suggestions what to do in such cases but the only one I've used and found helpful is to keep my legs closed while getting up or sitting down as it helps keep the pelvic joints in a locked position. Also another suggestion in order to turn more easily in bed is to wear a satin gown because the body glides more easily. I hope you find this helpful.
True. I am 24 weeks, and I am starting to feel horrible too. Sleep at night is becoming more and more uncomfortable from ligament pains to your bones widening to the baby settling on either side (kicking). I wake up several times at night from being uncomfortable to roll over on each side. Have a lot of pillows so you can stuff them where you need to when uncomfortable (change something when in pain) and make sure to stay well hydrated. Very important when your body is going through physical changes. Good Luck!Im 24 weeks pregnant and everytime i move my bones are cracking and are sore...normal???
You are going to ne feeling all kids of strange sensations. Your body is just preparing for childbirth. You will feel sore when you feel just peachy( I know that doesn't make any sense, but it's true. You could feel wonderful all over except when the baby is putting pressure on your pelvis from the baby). Just keep a little journal about the pain you are experiencing, that way when you go to your next check up you can tell your DR. Or MIdwife excatly what you are feeling.

The best pregnancy book I have read is From Here to Maternity, Kaiser Permantae put it out. It iwll answer any question you could possibly have. You could always check the thrift stores in your area for one.

I almost forgot, you should look for a "Maternity Pillow" it is better than a body pillow. I bought one new for $40.00 and then I found one for a friend at a thrift store ( in EXCELLENT condition) for 3.00. I just threw in the dryer on a high setting. That will help you at night when you are "trying" to sleep.

I pray you have a healthy pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment