Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Going crazy with my yorkie puppy?

i just got a 9 week old yorkie puppy a week ago, he's kind of gotten used to his play pen (not barking/whining as much when i leave -- i think i wear him out with all the playing) but i'm trying to get him used to one of those small plastic crates since i'm moving to an apartment in another city in 2-3 weeks.

- when should i keep him in the crate

- when should i keep him in the playpen

- he finds dangerous things to eat even when i let him roam the house when i'm here

- how do i get him to not bite me as much (he doesn't get excited by treats, kongs, OR the dingo bones!)

PLEASE HELP.Going crazy with my yorkie puppy?
Start out using the crate only for an hour each day, so he gets used to it. Don't take the puppy out until he's quite and not whining. If he whines and you take him out, he'll just whine all the time to get you to get him out of there. So, never take him out when he's whining. Put some toys in there or a bone to keep him occupied. Start out for short period of times, like I said before, and then gradually increase the time so he gets used to it. If he goes to bite you say NO in a very firm voice. If he still bites you can pinch his own lip on his upper teeth. Then he'll begin to realize that he will feel some pain if he goes to bite, he'll basically be biting himself.
keep in the crate while your gone, and in the playpen when your thereGoing crazy with my yorkie puppy?
If he finds cords adn other dangerouis stuff than puppy-proof your new home that would be a goos way to start.

Keep him in the crate when your not home and also put him in his playpen when you are home but dont want him running around!
well if u r into t.v you can watch the Dog Whisper on the National Geographic channel and he teaches you that it is normal for a dog to cry i have had a dog for 4-6 years and she still cryies and to be a Pack Leader when it needs to be deciplined dont say ohhh whos my baby say go to the Crate and show it that u r the pack leader not the dog!
I've got some bad news for you, dear. some of them just never get used to it. lots of them will, but I had a pup, who, after I'd had him 3 days figured out how to climb up and over the sides of his pen.
WHATS UP. I HAVE A 2 MONTH OLD YORKIE. AND SHES CRAAAZY. I CANT PUT HER IN HER CAGE SHES TOO HYPER. I TRY SOOO HARD TO PODIE TRAIN HER AND SHE WONT. ILL TAKE HER OUT FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES AND AS SOON AS I LET HER IN THE HOUSE SHE SHITS. DRIVES ME CRAZY. BUT AHH WELL THEYRE CUTE. I DONT WANT HER EARS TO STICK UP THOUGH. :( !!!! ALRIGHT BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment