Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What happens to estrogen levels if you stop getting your period?

I hear estrogen levels spike up, before you get your period. If you started to not get your period, would that cause the estrogen to stop spiking up? I am 30 and have premenstral depression, sadness. I hate taking the drugs, so I went herbal, which worked, but I don't always remember. So if I just lost 20 lbs and stopped getting my period, would that help me not to get that crazy, crying, depressed mode, that I get each month for a week or two. I would want to lose weight in a safe way, and still keep my bones strong.



I don't care about getting pregnant any time soon. I am about 5'4 and 127 lbs. Any thoughts on this?What happens to estrogen levels if you stop getting your period?
You're on to something but your thinking is a little reversed. It is the change in hormone levels that causes your period, not the other way arround.



Birth control pills, for example, can regulate or even stop your period by changing hormon levels during certain times of the month.



There are alot of conflicting opinions and studies about whether it is healthy or not to stop having periods all together. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor.What happens to estrogen levels if you stop getting your period?
premenstrual tension is normal %26amp; every female should have it to some level , when it's exagerrated it might be bad , personally i don't incourage taking drugs for that , go on herbal it's better TO TREAT THE DEPRESSION BUT NOT STOPPING THE PERIOD , it's dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment