Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My dogs have gone crazy!?

For the last few months my dogs have become hyper and crazy. I have a 10 month old rottweiler and a 4 year old jack russell "terror". I jog 5km everyday with them (2km with the rotti because her bones are still growing) and they have 3 acres to run and hunt on all day. I have them walking beside me good on a leash and I always make them sit for their food, they're not aloud on furniture either. But for some reason they are still crazy! The rottweiler is chewing everything, she has toys and bones. My jack russell terrier has started attacking the rottweiler for no reason and I have tried everything, including pinning her on her back. Now the rottweiler has started to fend for herself and I'm afraid she's going to turn on other dogs too. I want to have peaceful evenings but the dogs are constantly moving around, barking, protecting objects like balls and testing each other. What can I do?My dogs have gone crazy!?
Preventing a bad behavior is always preferable to having to treat it, and early training is key. Enroll your puppy in obedience classes and practice with him daily, even after the course ends. Training not only teaches your dog mannerly and useful behaviors ("sit," down," etc.), it hones impulse control and provides essential mental stimulation. It's a good idea to add to his repertoire of tricks and skills throughout his life.



http://dogtime.com/behavior.html

No comments:

Post a Comment