Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Can erythromycin be used to treat bronchitis or pneumonia?

I was prescribed a bottle of erythromycin by my dentist a while back after having some dental work done, but I never used any of it. Now I have this crazy cold thing that seems to be developing into bronchitis and possibly pneumonia (eventually). It's hanging out in my chest/very low throat area (just underneath the spot where my two collar bones meet). Can I take the erythromycin to get rid of whatever this is?Can erythromycin be used to treat bronchitis or pneumonia?
Bronchitis is more often caused by a viral infection so antibiotics won't work. Get a good chest decongestant, or call your doctor.Can erythromycin be used to treat bronchitis or pneumonia?
It's not a first or second choice. It has a fairly limited spectrum of activity.



To translate, it may/may not hit the bacteria that are causing the problem.
  • sample sales
  • veganism
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment