Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I have adopted a very finicky chihuahua 6 yrs old. Any suggestions on what to feed her?

I've tried some samples of wet and dry food and she doesn't seem to be crazy about any of them. Also any types of treats or small bones that they may like? I think whomever had her must have fed her people food, I don't want to feed her any people food because I don't want to get that started.I have adopted a very finicky chihuahua 6 yrs old. Any suggestions on what to feed her?
I feed my 4 Chihuahua's Wellnes Super Mix 5 lamb. They all love it.



They have Zuke's mini naturals as treats from time to time. They are tiny Chi sized too!
We feed our Chihuahuas Nutro Natural Balance Small bites. Our chihuahuas love it. We really don't give ours any treats,except for the occasional tidbit my husband sneaks to them under the table...lol Just be patient and don't give in. She will start eating soon. Congrats on the new furkid.I have adopted a very finicky chihuahua 6 yrs old. Any suggestions on what to feed her?
You could try to feed her whatever you have been trying to feed her, and just add some treats, like dried liver treats, or any "small dog sized" greenies. My puppy, Mickey, didn't like his small doggie bowl, so I got him a bigger bowl, and he started to eat just fine. When I got my cat a few months ago, she did the same thing, and so I just got the food I bought for my other cats, and I added a little cat greenie for the first week or so, and it really helped. I have found that she is a slow eater. So maybe your chihuahua is also a slow eater, or she just wants a bigger bowl. I hope this helps!
i give my westie purina one chicken and rice.
you can always add some boiled chicken and rice to the food. just dont add any seasoning when you cook it. she wont turn down some juicy chicken, i swear! hand feed her a couple pieces first to get her attention. it might not be so much that she is finicky, she might be alittle off from the transistion of being adopted. just make sure she is at least getting enough h2o. hunger will set in soon enough and she will start eating. also try getting some nutrical from your vet, its a paste you can give her thats packed with calories and vitimens. give her a teaspoon every 4 hours or so, just let her lick it off the spoon like a special treat. peanut butter has calories in it to if you are worried she is getting weak from not eating.
i had a baby chihuahua once an allll chihuahuas are finicky ours ate cat food and loved it. we fed all three of our chihuahuas kitten an cat food an they all grew up healthy but would never touch dog food after that
i used to have a chihuahua and i used to feed her Purina puppy chow which its what the vet recommended.
Try normal dog food but with a little bit of water in it : to be honest my chihuahua is crazy about those dogs foods in cans and stuff: And also for pet treats my dog enjoys these :Jerky bites, charlee bear, and pure bites

I know you don't want to get the whole human food started but just remember to include something small(of human food) at least in one meal out of three days. MIX IT WITH THE DOG FOOD, oh and if your dog is sick add medication in dog food so the dog wont notice still eat the food and the medication.
  • brazilian steakhouse
  • boggle online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment