Friday, March 9, 2012

Can someone help me identify a possible bone bruise?

My right shin got nailed pretty bad during my football game, and it hurt like crazy. It was throbbing and really, really tender when it came to putting pressure on it (like running, or even kneeling). It felt a lot better the next day after I took an ice bath, but it still is very painful when I run on it. Does this sound like a bruised bone? Should I practice with it? Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.Can someone help me identify a possible bone bruise?
Pain is normal. Try soaking it in warn epsom salt. I'd say if it doesn't start feeling better in 5 days, see a doctor. Have you showed it to your trainer? Try letting your knee rest for a couple of days. Running on it slows down the healing process. Is it swelling alot? You can't bruise a bone, as a bruise is caused by the blackening of blood vessels when they are hit.Can someone help me identify a possible bone bruise?
Ummm "Med student"....you better hit the books harder. You can bruise the bone and you can have bleeding in the marrow. An MRI will detect this condition and it takes months to completely heal.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment