Saturday, March 3, 2012

Im Apache. Should I handle bear bones?

I'm native american I'm from the Coyotero tribe. It is said by some that if you touch a bear you'll become crazy. I'm currently taking wildlife management as a major in OH and in one of my lab classes I have to handles bones of Bear and Coyote. My eldest brother helped a bear out of a poachers trap in Flagstaff. he was outcast-ed in such a way he left the tribe and joined the marines. an incident happened where someone of innocence was killed by him, since then he hasn't spoken to any of us. Another of my older brother found a coyote dead on the road and he took it's head and some of it's fur. and he's in no better shape, he's not on a habitual liar but an addict of Oxycontin. I have spoken with some of my teachers about this and there isn't another way to bypass it. I have to handle fur, bones, and live cubs for finals. I'm very passionate about my career choice but I'm also terrified of the consequences. should I or shouldn't I? and as far as the other bones and animals should I try to bless them in a way before handling them?Im Apache. Should I handle bear bones?
these are questions you should be asking your elders of your nation..not here on YA as you can see people here are less than helpful



and to freespeech...who appointed you BIA rep on YA? since when do you get to decide what race someone is or is it just natives you get to define.



arrogant a**hole.
Are you really Apache? Or are just one of those people with 1/16 Native Blood who ignores their majority white blood and calls themselves Native?



So exactly how much Native Blood do you have in you? How much White Blood? Unless you are at least 15/16 Native then I can't take you seriously when you call yourself Apache.Im Apache. Should I handle bear bones?
these are simply legends of your people. they have significance, but are not to be taken literally.



we also have many legends and myths, but today we don't take them literally. if we did, it would be chaotic at best.



i mean ravens stealing light from an old man's box and spreading it around to form the sun and stars. it's fine for symbolism and heritage, but not to be taken literally.



the same is true for your legend.
It shouldn't interfere with your career / education. Do some ritual thing.
if this is something you believe will interfere with your life then defintely dont do it. but if ur taking wildlife management, this wont be the last time you have to handle a bear. maybe you should get over the fear or choose another major
I know excactly who you are! Your Dae! I went to school with Kuruk.no one wanted you guys to leave. do as the man before me said come home and ask our elders. many things are different here now. please come home. I dont know how to email you but if you email me at joeykeeds@yahoo.com Ill give you my number and a way to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment