Friday, March 9, 2012

Is my cat's leg broken and how can i mend it?

My cat's leg is bent at the joint by the paw, when it stands it holds it up. If it puts any weight on it, it meows like crazy. I think it is broken, there is however no bones protruding out. Later tonight i think i'll take it to the vet, in the mean time how can i help it to give it some relief?Is my cat's leg broken and how can i mend it?
"Later tonight"? Why aren't you RUSHING him to a vet? Have to eat dinner first or your favourite TV show on? WTF??!!!
Okay; whoa - settle down - don't panic ! ! ! !



My cat was hit by a car and broke it's front leg in the late evening a few months ago. Surprisingly enough it was just as broken the next morning when I took it to the vets.



The reason that it went the next morning was because the nearest emergency clinic is 200 miles away and my regular vet only does large animal emergencies (cows). The cat simply settled down and purred all night to release the endorphins required to fight the pain. All we did was isolate the cat and check every few hours to see that is was drinking.



Now; if you have access to a late evening vet, do take the cat tonight. If not, take it in the morning. Do not attempt to give the cat anything but water until it sees the vet. NO MEDICATING THE CAT.Is my cat's leg broken and how can i mend it?
You should make sure he doesn't move. You dont want to hurt it any more than it already is.



I remember when my cat jumped up on a hot wood stove and burned all his paws. My mom had to wait intil i got back to school to bring him to the vet bc I had no way into the house. She made sure he didn't stand up and try to run away.



I think you should do that to him now. I hope the vet can fix it like new again =/



Good luck!
your even meaner than me, wow! id rush my pets to the vet/ emergancy animal hospital. wtheck is wrong with you? get off the computer and go to the vet u tard
Drop all your things now! Take him to the vet! He iis in serious pain and if you don't take him in for indemitdite surgery he could be parilized for life and could die! Their is no reliving! Go!
hurry and get to the vet the vet will have pain killers for kitty
TAKE HER NOW!@#!$

No comments:

Post a Comment