Tuesday, March 6, 2012

When can i go back to horseback riding after cracking 4 ribs. Can I fly?? Doctors say wait 4 weeksI?

I am 55 years old, ride 2 horses 2 hours a day 6 days a week for 2 years. Good bones. Horse tripped and fell and then I fell on my right side. Knocked the wind out of me. Hurt but not excuriating pain. Didn't ride for one week. Rode. Then hurt. Got xray. 4 broken ribs- 5th 6th 7th 8th. How long do I have to wait before riding again??? Everyone says to stay as immobile as possible. I am going crazy. Is it ok if it hurts a little when I turn??? Should I drive??? Doctors said have to wait to fly. Long trip 8 hours. Just not sure how much to push it. Kind of more cautious now because it seemed I made it worse. Please some feedback.When can i go back to horseback riding after cracking 4 ribs. Can I fly?? Doctors say wait 4 weeksI?
Listen to them, stay immobile. You're not going to heal as quickly or effectively if you don't, and your age is going to factor in a lot. It won't be worth it if you injure yourself further and never heal properly, living the rest of your life in pain. It's not worth it. Don't drive. Live by this motto: IF IT HURTS, THEN STOP! Real simple.

Find a way to keep entertained. Rent movies, have people come over and visit, pay them to cook for you, have a rental movie party, tell your friends you'll pay for a barbecue party if they make the food and cater to your crippled as*! Make fun if you can.
Years ago I broke 4 ribs on my left side when the horse I was riding freaked, fell down and rolled over me. I just waited about 6 weeks and was fine after that. Got rid of that horse though. Any time a ground squirrel popped out of the ground, the horse freaked. You could fire a cannon off next to its ears and it would only twitch one ear, but a ground squirrel freaked it out. Got a pinto after that, better, smarter horse I could never own. But six weeks of light work should do the trick. For some reason flying puts more strain on your ribs.When can i go back to horseback riding after cracking 4 ribs. Can I fly?? Doctors say wait 4 weeksI?
To be short and sweet - sorry this happened but be glad it could have been far, far worse and follow your doctor's orders down to the very last detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment