Saturday, March 3, 2012

Crazy cat antics, do you comprehend, does your cat do it or is it a cautious feral thing.?

For instance today, he attacked my leg drew blood, and attacked the puppy four times. This is vicious type attacking, eventually I chased him out of the house. He spent the rest of the day sleeping in the dirt in the sun(happy cat style).



But it comes dinner time and he doesn't have to apologize the food is put down and I wander off. Except he won't believe it's for him, he sits on the other side of the room and watches it till I put him back in front of the food and then he wants to apologize for five minutes at which point I get bored and wander off again. Except it obviously wasn't enough so he leaves in a huff and returns to his bed. So I go after him and retrieve him. Which, by the way, is a really scary thing when you have a 12 kg ex-feral who hasn't realized they aren't top tom anymore. So he apologizes once more, makes himself as small as he can and goes to crunching through his bones.



My confusion is the intricacy of his manners. I sometimes have times where he sits starring at a chair next to me for forty minute till i pat it and tell him to pop on. One day I went to bed early got up early and found I hadn't invited him in before going to bed so he had slept all night under the open dog door in the cold because our usual ritual hadn't been completed. He was quite distressed.



I've had a cat before but she was born in our cupboard and was just a bouncy kitten all 18 years of her life, but i don't remember any of these intricate unbreakable rituals. When I would tell Pansy she wasn't aloud on the counter, ever, she never listened. Even when you convinced her, you would walk into the room with her hurrying off and pretending she hadn't, but Leopold has never got on the counter again, and I've never caught him doing anything he's been told not to do(other than attacking).

I can leave roast beef, gravy and milk on the table and he won't get up.

He also gets obviously offended if you walk past him first thing in the morning and don't great him and he stalks after you smacks your leg hard, no claws, and stalks out the back door with this obvious how 'dare you ignore me'(he mows every time he enters a room you are in).



Anyway enough examples, does anyone get this, what do you think of it?



Has anyone else got this, or any idea why it would be sooo extreme.



Does your cat have unbreakable manners? Get crazy offended?Crazy cat antics, do you comprehend, does your cat do it or is it a cautious feral thing.?
He is trying to be polite? He has manners!

He wants you to ask him into your room, because he doesnt want to just walk in there without an invite.

When he walks into your room he meows to greet you, y'no manners?

He doesnt pop onto the chair because he wants your permission.

he is walking off with the 'How dare you ignore me' thing because you *Are ignoring him!

you are his owner, show him some respect, hes your little gentleman!

my kitten does the same thing!

well done-your cat has manners.
Cats like their rituals, make sure you go through the ones that keep good behavior going. Ignore the cat with the bad stuff.Crazy cat antics, do you comprehend, does your cat do it or is it a cautious feral thing.?
its really weird actually. its probably one of those cats that like everything there way or ur cat could have OCD. my cat is very royal lick. he likes his food a certain way.wont eat off the tables, wont et something unless hes on a flat surface,etc.if u put cat food down on the table he will take it off the table with his paw and then eat it.
no never known this.maybe his just grateful to someone giving him a home,sounds a funny character but bet his fun

No comments:

Post a Comment