Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Pekingese Puppy has food aggression, but only with new bones/treats..?

So my 14 week old Pekingese Male doesn't really care about his food.. with training treats he doesn't get crazy considering i break off small pieces and reward him, but man when it comes to like greenies, or these little filet mignon bones, and recently these kabob little bone like treats he becomes a GREMLIN!!! I say that because his name is Gizmo..



Anyhow, the first time I had given him one of these bone like treats was simply because he was behaving good... So later I walk near him to get my brush and he paused and growled!! So i grabbed him and put him on his back in my arms until he calmed down.. Then i grabbed the treat let him eat it from my hands, then put him on the floor, again made him sit, than let him eat it while I'm holding it.. than finally released.. sure enough 5 mins later i go near him and the same thing!!!!!! He's bitten me about 4 times now and last night was bloody murder.... My hand was actually dripping blood!!! IDK what to do!!!!My Pekingese Puppy has food aggression, but only with new bones/treats..?
I Love watching Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer on National Geographic Channel. He has great advice and if you are presisitant it really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment