Friday, March 9, 2012

Can you break a bone in your foot and still walk?

The foot pain is at the arch and it goes through to the top of my foot also up my ankle and shin, it feels like a bad cramp that never goes awAy? It gets worse when I am sleeping and waking up is crazy!!! I have had it for three months and the past week I can't sleep. Can you break a bone and still be able to walk?Can you break a bone in your foot and still walk?
The foot like the hand is made up of many small bones, so it is possible to do this and still walk. You may also have strained something or the footwear you are wearing is the cause of your problems, I really think you should see a doctor or podiatrist
how did it happen??

Report Abuse

Can you break a bone in your foot and still walk?
Yes. It sounds more like you have torn a muscle in your foot/ankle. Go see a dr. asap. You only got one pair of feet and they are your platform. You need to take good care of those puppies.

JUST F.Y.I.

My husband RAN for 3 weeks on a broken leg in college. Long story but his cross country coach told him it was some rare disease that he had to "work thru." My husband ended up having his entire knee replaced.
yes , I did .when id step down i would hear a click click sound and then feel like peeing myself.but would go away when I didnt put pressure on it.My point is the pain was sharp and unbearable and no way could I have lived 3 months with it.

what I believe ,because you dont mention an injury or any undue swelling or redness is that you could have a fallen arch.

this would explain the continued pain.Id reccomend seeing a doctor who can help you find methods of dealing with it.

I.E. special shoes or arch supports.

It may be as simple as changing the shoes you wear or trying one of those inserts for shoes you can buy at the store ,if you have very high arches you shouldnt wear flats, sandals or moccasins that have little or no arch support.

good luck
Yes you can, you just say ouch a lot.
Yes...depends on the bone though as to what sort of mobility you get back. I snapped 1/4 iknch of the end of my fibula and can no longer run as the bone will never heal.
You sure can. Matter of fact, my father broke his leg once and walked on it for several weeks until he began to wonder why his leg wasn't getting any better and he finally went to the hospital and they x-rayed his leg. The ended up putting it in a cast and he had that on for a long time!!!
yes, my daughter has done so and is in a cast today. its anticipated to heal in a month or so. its a real pain in the ...
'Can you break a bone and still be able to walk?'%26gt;%26gt; after it heals, Yes



Whats your doctors verdict on this?
yes and as you say the pain is bad.

i suggest you see a doctor and ask for x ray. if nothing is then found on the x ray you must follow up and go back to the doctor as there is something wrong and you should not suffer any longer
you can break a bone in the foot and continue to walk on it. i broke my foot right by the last two toes and continued to work with it hurting for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment