Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recently rescued stray is STILL pregnant and acting crazy! So confused....?

Three weeks ago I rescued my little Zoe, an adorable, sweet, seemingly healthy young kitty. She was skin and bones and obvously pregnant when I found her--big fat belly, and pink, distended nipples, etc. My work schedule is nuts and I didn't have a chance to take her to the vet at the time (I'm taking her this Wednesday, finally!), but I did speak to vet and he to expect kittens any day. Anyway, it's three weeks later, and still no kittens! Zoe has been eating non-stop so she's put on some body weight, making her look somewhat less pregnant...and I'm getting anxious. What if she isn't pregant, but sick? Her nipples are still distended, but no milk, and I can't tell if I feeI kittens ore not. What'm confused about the most is her behavior--she's vocal and affectionate (even clingy) but she's not nesting, she's still eating ALOT, and if anything she's been WAY more playful and crazy in the past week, not more tired. Is this normal? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.Recently rescued stray is STILL pregnant and acting crazy! So confused....?
Her belly could be distended from worms. Worms would also cause her to be skinny and eat a lot. The vet will be able to let you know. She probably has more energy now because she is eating better and gaining some weight back. This is a good sign for her overall health, pregnant or not.

She could also be having a false pregnancy - having many symptoms of pregnancy, yet not really being pregnant.
take her to another vetRecently rescued stray is STILL pregnant and acting crazy! So confused....?
Sometimes animals have a false pregancy and no one can tell if there real or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment